Forum for Epiphytic Myrmecophytes
Sign in to follow this  
Frank

2017 FORUM DONORS

Frank   

2017 FORUM DONORS

Thank you very much to these people whose donations of $20 USD have funded the forum for one month in 2017.

January,  Frank Omilian

February, Ursula Wistuba

March, Christopher Mallett

April, Todd Kramer

May, Jay Vannini

June, Shimi

July,  Andreas Wistuba

August,  Andreas Wistuba

September,  Andreas Wistuba

October, Jordan Ives

November, Jay Vannini

December,

Want to join the list of contributors?.  If so, please send me, (Frank Omilian, forum administrator)  $20 US by paypal to frankinmi@aol.com   with the “note” line saying “forum”.   All contributions will be acknowledged here by name (or let me know if you prefer to be acknowledged as “anonymous”). Thank you for your support.

typo alert :)

That aside, I think this might be a viable model to fund the site maintenance fee. This forum is a great resource for information on all aspects relating to these plants. It certainly deserves its patrons support.

J

One thing that could sure be fantastic would be offering "auctions" of plants on here for site funding. I have seen other forums fund their fees in this manner and there are usually bids in excess of the item value to help support their given forums. Just an idea.

Again, I think Frank has come up with a simple, elegant, crowd-sourced "fix" that avoids any real P&L implications for the forum administrator/s. Selling plants to fund a few Benjamins' worth of annual maintenance fees would seem to be more trouble than its worth, since a price overage might be technically construed as income, no? I would hope that we get a rush of donors as people check into the site and see that it is user funded, ad that the bite is quite manageable for almost anyone. It would be nice to see it adequately funded for the next few years, not just the next few months...

J