Forum for Epiphytic Myrmecophytes
Sign in to follow this  
Frank

Now available for free download 2. Epiphytic Myrmecophytes. Bizarre Wonders of Nature, 2019"

Derrick Rowe has completed the revision of his epic resource "2. Epiphytic Myrmecophytes. Bizarre Wonders of Nature, 2019" and he has very graciously given me permission to make it available here to all of us!  The amount of information and photos he has assembled in this work is absolutely amazing!  This is such a valuable resource that it has to be kept available on the internet and I am very happy that we have it available to us all, here and now.

There is something here for each of us.  To a newbie to ant-plants this will seem overwhelming - maybe at first the best resources here for you will be the fantastic photos.  More experienced ant-planters will find it very useful that Derrick has done the hard work when it comes to researching a specific species.  He has done all the background work and provided all the links you need to fully understand any of these species to the best degree possible at this time. 

The work is composed of 17 Word files within Dropbox software.  I did not have to download Dropbox before downloading the files.  They are compressed files and my download placed the files as a "zipped" file  in my "downloads" folder.   Disk spaced used was 730 MB.

The link I used to download the files is:   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4t43iclly4gn326/AABi4SH-atDda3dd4pd4TuSaa?dl=0

This work has at times been almost overwhelming. During our wet winters, it is not hard to stay indoors and write, but summer is at last here, so I will be outside a lot more working on my land or cycling our many bike trails etc.  I will try to keep updating this data base but in mere months I will be eighty with all that such implies. Therefore, perhaps others will take over updating this resource in future. Certainly, a comprehensive chapter by Jay Vanini on cultivation would add immensely to its usefulness.  It follows that I welcome reports of the errors that I am certain must be many in a work of this size.  A major advantage of an E/database is that it can be continually improved.

As I write there have only been 18 views of this thread. Facebook surely has many flaws but its outreach is immensely superior.  A lot of photos came from Facebook contacts.

A thought for the future is that appropriately experienced individuals could concentrate on specific chapters.