Forum for Epiphytic Myrmecophytes

In my book I have photographs of a tuber (without stems or leaves etc.) that belongs to either H. magnirubrum or H. minirubrum both being a Papua New Guinea highland species. These and the other new names are presumably to be published in the long delayed revision of Hydnophytum by Jebb & C. R. Huxley-Lambrick (Married name).

Bonjour

it is quite difficult to establish a list of existing species, without having seen it first hand, apart from herbaria and writings.

on another message seen here we have 40 species recorded, while with the writings and herbaria, are approaching 120( may be) excluding new species discoveries(for example  here http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings?commit=Search&page=12&search_term=hydnophytum
    334 names   or here http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/qsearch.do;jsessionid=E9897A7638725E5967AB36C24AD98CFA   94 here)

where is the truth ?

jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour

have you some infos on these hydnophytum

H.agatiflorum

H.albense

H.andamanense

H.augustifolium

H.blumei

H.bracteatum

H.costatum

H.cuneatum

H.dipteropodum

H.dolichophyllum

H.ellipticum

H.evallifolium

H.hahlii

H.hekinsonii

H.hemiflorum

H.heterophyllum

H.inerme

H.intermedium

H.kelelense

H.kochii

H.lanceolatum

H.laurifolium

H.ledermannii

H.longipes

it is a  first  list A to L  may be a lot of formicarum NO ?

JEFF

Bonjour

Sharing information is not a one way process.

yes ,for now I am content to reap the names of species that I found on documents, herbaria, various lists,that  I consult , after will be another period of all this exploitation.

the second list M to z

H.macrophyllum

H.membranaceum

H.montanum

H.montis-kani

H.oblongum

H.punamense

H.robustum

H.spathulatum

H.subnormale

H.subrotundum

H subsessile

H.vaccinifolium

H.virgatum

jeff

Yes, I have useful information on all names listed except for 4 that are probably typographical errors.  I also have many more names with very useful information most of which will probably be published in the Jebb & Huxley revision should it ever be published.  To illustrate the value of using names and their Authors, I will now post my notes on H. montanum names.

I have completed the current stage of my work on Hydnophytum taxa, both published or ined. (ineditus = not published.) Copies have been sent to a few explorers and/or botanical garden experts etc, whom have shared information with me.  I trust they will find it very helpful.   

Archived